Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ode to Avion

Since I've started a tradition of bidding farewell to the lives around me that cease to exist, it would only be fair for me to bid a farewell to Avion, even though I never really was able to see the fabulous and caring side of her that I am told does exist.

Above all else, my heart goes out to Whitney, Avion's on-again/off-again partner who nurtured her and took care of her for more than a year, while Avion's health posed unique challenges and Avion stubbornly refused a bone marrow transplant, claiming that her doctors didn't know what they were doing and that she was no closer to dying than she was to winning the lottery.

Sadly, she never did win the lottery. Instead, she passed away a week and a half ago, quietly at home, with loved ones by her side. She was 29 years old.

No comments: