Saturday, June 10, 2006

Listmaker, Listmaker, Make Me a List...

My supah-cool friend and schoolmate, Heather (not to be confused with my sister, Heather), turned me on to the website/blog 5ives and I'm having much fun devouring the archives, starting at the very beginning, of course! So far, this is my favorite list of 5ives. You know it's good when you LOL for reals.

Thus, in the spirit of listmaking and as an homage to 5ives, I present for you...Five Lists of Five Things:

Five Creepy People I Have Known


  1. My Dad's best friend from pharmacy school
  2. The football player from high school with the silver front tooth
  3. The Special-Ed teacher at my daughter's school
  4. My former boss' bookie
  5. My neighbor, Arnie

Five Films I Loved as a Teen

  1. The Hunger
  2. Harold and Maude
  3. Rear Window
  4. Valley Girl
  5. Breakfast at Tiffany's

Five Stupid Things That Annoy Me More Than They Should

  1. When people write 12 p.m. to indicate midnight
  2. Misplaced and missing commas & apostrophes
  3. When police cars turn on their lights just so they can go through a red light and then turn them off once they are through the intersection
  4. When the telephone rings before 8 a.m.
  5. Prepositions at the end of sentences (i.e. "Where are you at?" Answer: "I'm at the preposition Lost & Found")

Five Delicious Snacks

  1. Dried mango
  2. Chocolate-chip cookies fresh from the oven
  3. Tuna carpaccio
  4. Strawberries dipped in sour cream, then dipped in brown sugar
  5. Popcorn topped with Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle

Five Charming People I've Met

  1. Alfonso Cuaron
  2. Nancy Pearl
  3. David Sedaris
  4. Joaquin Phoenix
  5. Suzan-Lori Parks

3 comments:

J.D. said...

Okay, okay, you've twisted my arm enough...I'll make mine:

Five Creepy People I Have Known

1. the old lady across the street from where I grew up, who apparently had a huge collection of our soccer balls
2. a guy across the hall in my dorm who used to threaten to beat me up, and then run away when I would dare him to try
3. the disturbed kid in elementary school
4. this girl I went out with once before deciding it was time to not EVER see her again
5. Johnny Fairplay from Survivor

Five Films I Loved as a Teen

1. Transformers the Movie
2. Total Recall
3. Rambo 2
4. RoboCop
5. Batman

Five Stupid Things That Annoy Me More Than They Should

1. Any driver in Memphis
2. Carrie Underwood fans
3. Umpires who wouldn't know a ball from a strike if you had hit the ball completely out of the park.
4. Tipping waitresses at buffets
5. Guys who work at the Sporting Goods store who are more buff than me.

Five Delicious Snacks

1. Peanut butter and Triscuits
2. Pear halves topped with a touch of mayo and shredded cheddar
3. Ham Lahvash
4. Broccoli and Cauliflower spears with ranch dip
5. Chee-tos!

Charming People I've Met:

1. Lindsey Cardinale
2. Jimmy Carter
3. Tom Landry
4. Toni Ferrari
5. Melissa "Mojo" Hunter

bad kitty said...

Oh Hooray! I think everyone should make themselves some lists of fives!

Hmmm j.d., I never thought of doing that to a pear...I'll have to give that a whirl.

paradigm shifter said...

I love that you characterize tuna carpacio as a "snack!"

Ok... my lists:

http://schmaltzshop.blogspot.com/